Tuesday, July 1, 2014

[Review] Reelle Anti-Acne Cream

Hello my beautiful readers!

It's officially summer for most of us, so I hope you are all having a great time and enjoying yourselves! Today I have a review for you, from the same company that was kind enough to send me their products to try out Reelle. This is my current second step in my night routine after the Cleansing Gel , the anti-acne cream.

Reelle is a French skin care brand specialized in using high percentage of 100% pure snail extract. The brand has its own snail farms in Thailand (from where they sent me the products). They use the purest and most gentle methods during the extraction (as I learn they do not kill the snails during the process, like other companies do) and the snails are fed with Aloe Vera, which means that all the benefits of the plant can be found in the snail slime. Pretty nice, huh? Now let's move on to the review ^^


Again, the packaging is just amazing. I even kept the box so far because it's so elegant and beautiful to look at, even if packaging in products means nothing to you in general. The container itself is of best quality. Sturdy, thick plastic with a big, plastic, gem-shaped lid. If I hadn't put my hands on it I would think it was glass. But it's made of plastic which means it won't break if you happen to throw it or it falls by accident. Nice touch there Reelle! By the way, each cream has its own different lid color: the anti-acne cream has a nice wine-burgundy gem on it. 


It comes with a second lid-film which makes it even more hygienic. For those of you that are germaphobic, it doesn't come with a spatula, but I never thought that spatulas are of use anyways, since your fingers are obviously clean after cleaning your face and you are about to apply your creams. 


The container holds 20 ml of cream, which actually was my only complain. I mean, the cream retails for 30 euros (~40$) so I would have expected a tad more product in there. It's not like you gonna slap it in big amounts anyways since it is an intensive treatment cream, but still I was expecting maybe 30ml of product. It would be a lot better.

It smells really nice though. It has a pale yellowy hue and the concistency is buttery, thick but kinda like a mousse at the same time. At first I was disappointed because my skin tends to get really oily (especially now that it is summer) so I try to avoid thick creams on my face. I was surprised though because as soon as I applied it on my face it felt a lot lighter and it absorbed immediatelly. And when I say immediatelly I mean it! It left my skin very moisturized, but not sticky or oily. More like...supple and bouncy. And I really like that.


It contains 5% of pure snail extract and has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which help with a lot of skin problems as well as acne. As you can see the list of the ingredients below is again small. Nothing suspicious there and nothing hidden. It actually contains fragrance, but this is actually natural neroli fragrance which according to Reelle is:

*All natural
*Non Toxic
*Hypoallergenic
*Non phototoxic
*Non photosensitive

So no worries about it :)

I use this cream only at night after using my cleansing gel. Reelle warns that excessive use of the products (e.g more than two times per day) can actually cause breakouts. And since this cream is a little heavy for underneath makeup or for the morning, I use it only at night so that my skin can regenerate faster and better while I sleep. It didn't break me out of course, in fact I am very sure it minimized all my active acne. It didn't make it disappear, that would be from another planet, but it made my red big zits go down and the redness subsided. I use a small amount after my cleanser and massage my skin. Reelle has a whole process of how you should massage this onto your skin, but it absorbs so fast that personally I have no time to massage it thoroughly. For me that's a good sign. When the cream gets easily absorbed it means that your skin needs it and there aren't any useless stuff in it.
I actually recommend this to all of you with both dry and oily skin. Those of you with oily skin might feel kinda uncomfortable at first due to its heavy texture, but I swear it sinks in the skin fast and effortlessly and it doesn't make you feel oily. It actually does what it says, it helps with acne problems a lot! Nonetheless, a cream alone won't help you get rid of acne, it is not magic in a box so you might wanna take a look at this blog post in which I explain how you can help your cream work wonders. Your skin needs your help to be healthy and you can definitelly help it look the best it can :) This cream is indeed a bit expensive, but it actually does what it claims, so if you aren't on a budget and you wanna try something new and effective, you should give this one a go.

You can purchase Reelle products from the following site with 30% off your first order and free worldwide shipping! 


For any questions don't hesitate to leave a comment down below ^_^



3 comments:

  1. Never heard of this brand. Thanks for the review! :)

    Overall, how does Reelle's snail cleanser and cream compare to Mizon's snail cleanser and cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Mizon is a lot more budget friendly. Other than that, I suppose it's a matter of taste. I will definitely do a review on the Mizon products after I finish with the Reelle line so that you and other people can compare. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward for your review! :)

      Delete