Friday, July 18, 2014

[Extended Review] Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Line (Cream, Eye Cream, Intensive Ampoule)

Hello everyone!

Today I will reviewing the multi requested Mizon Snail line, which apparently is my favorite! I really don't know why it took me so long to review it. Anyway, I won't waste time blabbering, let's move onto the review.

First of all I'd like to mention that Idon't fully use the whole line. That is, I "steal" my mom's cream occassionally (2-3 times a week) but I use the ampoule everyday and since some months ago the eye cream too. No worries though, cause even so, I have used the whole line for several months and I believe that my arguments and my conclusions are valid. For those of you who are new to Korean skincare, Mizon is a very famous skincare brand, its most famous bestseller being this snail repair line. I trust this brand having used a lot of their products so when my mom asked for something lightweight but still effective on wrinkes and other skin problems I thought this might be suitable for her.

The line consists of the cleanser (which I have never tried), the all in one snail repair cream and eye cream, the ampoule, the BB cream (which I never tried cause I have heard it has a weird yellow undertone) and the snail recovery gel cream.


The Snail Repair Snail Ampoule is my favorite product from the line. It comes in a glass container of 30ml with a dropper. The package is really sturdy, but it's glass, so be sure to take extra care of it if you travel with it. Its price can very depending the place you buy it from, but I always purchase for 9.50-10euros max. (13-14$) from beautynetkorea.com or ebay. As you can see it is a really inexpensive serum and it definitelly worths its price.
This is the only product of the line I use every night no matter what, and it has really helped my skin. I had severe acne which retreated thanks to this serum. It has a thick slimy concistency and it contains 80% of snail secretion. It smells like nothing in particular and it is easily absorbed. All you need is 2-3 drops since it is a concetrated product and you are good to go.
I have noticed huge difference on my skin since I started using this. First of all my skin is bright and moisturized (not that ever had dry skin issues, but it's definitelly a feeling which is irrelevant with just being oily). It accelerated the healing process of active acne and post-acne hyperpigmentation. It is lightweight but yet hydrating. I also noticed that when I woke up my skin was supple and pinchable (no idea if this is a valid argument, but if felt like the skin was more bouncy anyways).
My mom also noticed a massive difference on her skin as well. She said that the skin felt more moisturized and healthy, her fine lines were corrected to a good point and to be honest, I saw the difference too. She has nice skin anyways, but now it got more "alive" and hydrated than before.
I do not use to rave about beauty products, but I can't stress how good this one is. I think you should definitelly at least try it for yourself and feel and see the difference on your skin. It is really inexpensive, so It is a great deal if you are on a budget but you still value your skin's health.


The All In One Snail Repair Cream is really nice as well. It comes in a huge glass jar of 75ml which retails for 12-13euros (17.50-19$) or even less sometimes if you can spot a good offer or sale on ebay and pretty much all the korean e-shops.
It is a nice lightweight cream, it looks thick and light at the same time and forms peaks like marengue xD It doesn't have any smell and it spreads really nicely on the skin. It absorbs very fast and it leaves the skin very hydrated without making it oily at all. I have used it as an underneath-makeup-cream and it worked wonderfully (although this was just an experiment, it's a shame to waste such a nice cream for makeup base).
Like the ampoule, this helps with acne a lot as it contains 92% snail mucin. In synergy with the ampoule, it works wonders. When I happen to use these two products together, I wake up with such a nice skin, even though I have no severe problems in general. My mom also adores this cream, and she has recommended it to my grandma as well. They both like that it absorbs super fast and it doesn't make their skin oily. They also appreciate the nice results, especially the moisturization since the older one gets the drier the skin gets usually. They both stated that the fine lines improved by a lot.


 As far as I am concerned I would recommend this as an intensive night treatment. You will really wake up with a new face the next day, and the good thing is that the results will almost be immediate.


The eye cream also comes in a glass jar of 25ml (which is a lot for an eye cream) and retails for 9.50-12euros (12.50-15$). It usually comes as an offer with the cream above for a lil less money. This cream will last you for centuries, simply because you don't have to use a lot. It has a thick, yet lightweight concistency, but you only need a little bit of it. It is super hydrating, so those of you with dry eye area will definitelly love it. I have certainly seen improvement on my undereye fine lines. I smile a lot and I have many fine lines under my eyes, which annoy me especially because bb creams tend to gather there if they are a bit drier. Since I started using this cream (now I use it everyday) I have seen an improvement in my fine lines, although I know they will never go away. I feel my eyes hydrated and nice, even though I have never experienced dryness there. It is super moisturizing, yet it doesn't give that heavy effect that some rich eye creams tend to give. That's why I would recommend it to everyone, regardless of age, even though it would be more suitable to those of you with dry eye area or a lot of wrinkles and fine lines.


 Lately I have discovered that this cream also comes in a tube type with 15ml for 5euros (7$). Perfect for travelling and easy to handle. As far as I have seen, I can only find it on ebay.


Having said all the above, I can name this line my ultimate favorite. Not only is it budget friendly, but also worths its money and actually works. I would definitelly recommend it to everyone, since it covers a wide range of trouble healing; acne, hyperpigmentation, dryness, fine lines, brightening etc. Even if you don't have enough money for everything, I think you should definitelly invest on the ampoule at least because it's the most amazing product I have ever encountered. I don't like raving about products, in case they don't work for you, but I have seen so many impressive reviews about this line, that I am convinced that more people should try it. I don't think it gets hyped enough. I believe it would make a really nice gift for your mom or even yourself, since all ages can use it. For me this is the ultimate weapon against acne, and it is definitelly the one that cleared my face off of the nasty monsters I had a year ago. I really hope you will give this line a go :)

I hope I have covered everything! For any questions or to share your own experiences don't hesitate to leave a comment down below ^__^

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the extensive review! :)

    I've used most of the products of this line, but I somehow missed the Intensive Ampule. After reading your review, it's definitely on my want list!

    This line also includes Black Snail All in One Snail Cream, which contains 90% of black snail secretion. Having used it for a while, I'd say it's pretty much like the regular Snail All in One Cream, but more moisturizing and kinda more effective on skin impurities. (Regular All in One Snail Cream doesn't seem very moisturizing to me.)

    The Snail Repairing Foam Cleanser is dreamy! One of the best cleansers I've come across!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found it helpful!
    The cream is ok as far as the moisture it offers for oily skins at least. I know it would seem kinda off on dry skins, but with all the opther products of the line the skin gets the amount of moisture it needs.
    As for the cleanser, thanx for recommending it, I will definitelly give it a go next time I am out of cleanser :D

    ReplyDelete