Thursday, May 23, 2013

[Review] Avon Advance Techniques: Dry Ends Serum

Hello people,

I am very excited to make my first review and it is gonna be on one of my new favourite things, the Dry Ends Serum by Avon. I purchased it only one week ago, but it's the first time I feel super happy about a hair product, so I thought it would be nice to make a review about it.

I have super long hair and the bad thing is that most of the times, long hair tend to get dry ends, mostly because the length doesn't allow the moisture to go all the way down from the roots. The ends become dry and it is very common that they split too. Fortunately I don't have split ends, at least not so many as to be considered a big problem, but still I like my ends to be silky because sometimes the frizz and they annoy me >.<

So, this time I thought it would be a good idea to give this serum a try, since it was on offer anyways. And it was a wise decision indeed  :D


 The package is really nice, looks very professional (not that it matters to me, just saying), and it is really good in terms of quality. The container is made out of thick glass, very durable, and comes with a pump which is easily controlable. It doesn't give out much product too, so the control level is really high. It contains 30ml and I bought it for only 5,95 euros (~ 7$) which I think is a really good price for a serum.


On the box it says that "it instantly smoothes dry ends and nourishes hair. Helps control fizz, leaving hair soft, silky and shiny". Which is actually exactly what it does. I used it 4 times till now, and I was amazed by the results. I wouldn't say that my ends are damaged, but still this serum makes them sooooo soft and I can feel it even after two days without washing my hair, which is great. As far as the fizz is considered, I have layers on my hair which makes ends fizz naturally since for some weird reason my hair get slightly curly at the end. Not bad, I look like I do stuff to my hair when I am actually too lazy to do anything but brush them and go xD. The ends are not fizzing after the serum application, they curl again naturally but the curls are more "fixed" and neat.


Application: Massage a few drops onto wet or dry hair (says the package). Do not rinse. Style as usual. Personally I never tried it on dry hair so far, because for some reason it doesnt feel right. As I said my hair is healthy enough, so I only apply it on wet hair and then blow dry as usual. And this is the way I would recommend  to everyone. Now, if your hair is really damaged and you need extra care, I guess you could use it on dry hair, but I don't know how it works that way, so I can't tell. I feel that hair absorb stuff better after it is washed and clean and wet. Depending on how thick your hair is, you adjust the quantity. I use quite a lot (i.e at least 6 pumps) cause my hair is really thick and long. Its consistency is watery and light, but don't get fooled, it does a really good job. It feels like water with dissolved silicone or gelatin inside, if I could describe it like that. It has a pleasant smell, something like a light perfume, so it makes hair smell great, but it is not overwhelming either.

All in all, I think that this is one of the best hair products I have ever purchased; and I tell you, I am really picky as far as hair products is concerned, especially on the effects they have on my hair. I would recommend that for all hair types (actually that's what the package says aswell) since you only use it on the ends. It is really affordable and it does what it promises, so it worths its money, for sure.

I hope I have covered everything but if you still have questions, don't hesitate to post your comment below ^__^




No comments:

Post a Comment