Tuesday, March 18, 2014

[Review] TheFaceShop Clean Face Oil Free Sun Cream SPF 35 PA++

Hello beauties!!

I am here today with a review of a face sunscreen, the Clean Face Oil Free Sun Cream, by TheFaceShop. Since spring is right around the corner I thought it is the right time to review this sun cream that I have been using the last two months. It is essential to use sunscreen all year round, because sun rays are damaging even during winter, but during spring and summer facial suscreens are a must-have, especially for those that are on the fair skin side :)


As some of you might already know, I have combination/oily/acne prone skin, which gets even worse during summer due to high temperatures. And even though I live in Greece, where we have sunshine 357/365 days a year, I was avoiding sunscreens, because all of them were too oily, sticky, heavy and they were causing me breakouts. I doubt it was solely the ingredients, I suppose it was a mixture of pore cloging due to the concistency and the high temperature. Not to mention that I sweat pretty easily, so everything got messed up if I decided to put makeup on top of the sunscreen
I have experimented with a lot of sunscreen all these years and all I really wanted was one that wouldn't be oily. I thought I was asking much, but I was mistaken. After I got introduced to Korean skincare products, I found out that they have a bigger range for all skin types and all concerns, so I knew that I would find something suitable for my needs if I searched enough. After extensive research on the web and blogs, I decided to buy this specific sun cream. Like with any other product, I didn't have any high expectations, but I was happily surprised.


The tube contains 50ml and its concistency is thick and creamy. I bought it for 5euros (~7$) on Ebay with free shipping. It contains aloe vera gel and tea tree oil, which as you know minimizes any existing breakout and prevents the appearance of new ones. It claims to have a formula that leaves the skin fresh and matte. I guarantee that this is absolutely true! It smells really nice, it doesn't really smell like a sunscreen if you close your eyes. For all my Greek readers, it smells like Caroten Botanicals sunscreen, which I use and I love. It has SPF 35, which is an ok SPF in my opinion, especially if you combine it with other products that have SPF too. I wouldn't mind it if it was higher, since it's facial, but really I won't complain about it.

It has a thick concistensy and it may be a little hard to apply. You definitelly don't need much of the product, a little goas a long way. I was really expecting it to leave a white cast, like all sunscreens but OMG it didn't leave any. I know some of you might not believe me, but I swear guys, I left my skin looking like I had nothing on!! It also mattified my skin exceptionally! I was really curious about it, so I applied my BB cream right on top of it, set it with a little powder and went out. Damn, it is like a primer! Nothing sinked in, my skin stayed matte and fresh and I really didn't feel like I had any sunscreen beneath my BB cream. Never in my life did I expect a sunscreen to leave my face matte. Of course, it didn't break me out, and I noticed that the few breakouts I already had were minimized! 


I would definitelly recommend this for people with "problematic" skin that look for matte products. It leaves your skin matte and it doesn't get oily throughout the day, at least not more than your BB/foundation goes. It primes the skin really well, so all you have to do is wait a little for it to sit on your skin before you apply anything else, and you are good to go! Sometimes I don't even use a primer because I find that I don't need it. My BB stays intact and my makeup holds really well. I wouldn't recommend this for people with dry skin though, because it will "dry" the skin out completelly. It has a "drying" formula, obviously especially made for people with oily skin, so you will feel uncomfortable wearing this if your skin isn't moistfull on its own. The are so many good korean sunscreens out there, you might wanna search for something less drying.

I hope I have covered everything! If you still have any questions or you want to share your experience with sunscreens and products you have used and you know that will help others, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below! ^__^

3 comments:

  1. Is this sunscreen paraben-free? I think most The Face Shop products contain parabens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap, unfortunatelly it does. They are last in the ingredient list though, plus I really didn't find anything else that could meet my needs and is paraben free. I use paraben free products whenever I can, but I really can't complain about that, since I don't even use it everyday if I don't go outside the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you. Sadly, it's pretty hard to find a product that works great for you AND is paraben-free. So, it's a good thing that you like this sunscreen nonetheless! :)

      Delete