Monday, July 28, 2014

[Review] Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eye Pencil (Nude & Bronze)

Hello everyone!

I have a new review for you on the super hyped Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liners. It was about time for me to try them, because You Tube was literally full of bloggers recommending them. Truth is I purchased them some months ago while I was in UK, and I have no idea why I didn't review them earlier. Anyways, moving right along.


So I the claims were that these are super smooth and waterproof. I like super smooth pencils, I mean who doesn't? Eyelids are sensitive so we have to take care of them. I picked these two bad boys at Superdrug, since they were on a really good sale, buy one get one 50% off. If I remember correctly, each retailed for 3.99£ ( ~5euros) so I scored a pretty good deal with this offer.


I picked these colors for two reasons specifically: 1) The color Nude is probably the number one pencil for the inner under rim as it is not as harsh as a white liner. All the youtubers mentioned that it makes you look awake without looking fake or like a creepy doll because it immitates the color of the skin. So I was curious. 2) I believe that we all need a good soft brown pencil for day looks because even though I love me some black winged eyeliner it can look a bit harsh in the mornings. I also discovered that brown liners work fantastically with pinkish eyeshadows.


Unfortunately, I didn't like the Nude color that much. I think it is great for those that really want to look awake, but since I used this, I learnt that my eyes are big enough on their own and I don't need any such product for my under inner rim to make them pop. I stopped using the pencil simply because it doesn't meet my needs. Nonetheless, I think a lot of you will like it, especially if til now you used white pencils for your under waterline. As you see the color is very similar to my skin tone so it looks a lot more natural. It has a slight pinkish tone to it, so sometimes I use it as a concealer if I happen to have any eye circles (which is rare). Just for the record it applies smoothly and it holds ok on the waterline, even though I expected more from a waterproof product.


I have to say that I fully enjoy the Bronze shade. It's a lovely warm chocolat-y shade with the tiniest amount of shimmer in it, which honestly doesn't even show on the eyelid, and some golden "veins" when u turn towards the sun. It is definitely smooth and it spreads easily and effortlessly on my eyelid. It takes effort to smudge after it sets and it hasn't moved on my eyes. What I don't like though, is that it is a little bit sheer for my tastes. I know that I have to apply again and again on my eyes for it to pop. Not because I use dark shades, on the contrary I use only light shades on my eyes. I have fairly big and round eyes, so I need my liner to be pigmented enough to make my eyes stand out the way I draw them. In the picture I had to do the same for you to able to see the color. I don't know if it was a bad batch or this is the way all these pencils are, I just expected some more pigmentation. Other than that, this color is absolutely gorgeous for morning makeup, especially if you are still in school or you don't like dark colours. It gives a really natural finish and I love it. If you don't mind reapplying it till you get the desired pigmentation then give it a try. 

All in all, I wouldrecommend these pencils, under the conditions I have already mentioned. If you happen to find them on sale or offer grab one or too, I mean a black and a brown pencil are staples on everyone's makeup bags so why not? If I have the chance I will try a black and maybe repurchase the bronze one.

Thanx a lot for reading! For any questions or thoughts don't hesitate to leave a comment down below :)
Share this with your friends if you liked it ^_^

1 comment:

  1. This pencils are interesting. I think I'll try them someday :)

    http://teens-stuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete