Tuesday, October 1, 2013

[Review] Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

Hello beauties!

Have a good month, full of health and beauty! :) Today I am here with another review, for one of the products I will continue to use until the world ends: The Snail Recovery Gel Cream by Mizon (a Korean brand). This is the 3rd bottle of the cream I purchase, so it's time to review the product. Now if you ask me "why didn't you review it earlier since it's the 3rd time you buy it?" I will answer that I wanted to be really sure about what I am about to say, because there were  a few instances I had a hormonal "rage" again but I wanted to ensure that none of the products I use causes my breakouts. 


You have probably heard about the snail secretion lately, there is a big fuss going on about it in all beauty blogs and youtube-blogs/channels. I always knew that the snail is able to rebuild it's house with the help of its secretion, but to honest I never believed it could heal human scars and bring cell regeneration. After some thought though, I thought I should buy it, just to see for myself the effects of that cream. There were 3 other prominent products in this line, the eye cream, the ampoule (serum) and the cream. The other products contain higher percentage of snail secretion filtrate than this one, which contains 74% snail secretion filtrate, which, let's be honest is not a small percentage at all.

Its ingredients are all natural, it doesn't contain any artificial scents, dyes or parabens, something which I really liked because the product is harmless for the skin. It contains Hyaluronic Acid, Birch tree sap, Olive oil, Sunflower seed oil, Vitamin 5, Green tea, Lotus extract and a whole bunch of other stuff which are really good for the health of your skin. It is recommended for:
* dry and sensitive skin
* fine lines elimination
* dark and dull skin
* skin with low elasticity
* troubled skin
In general it says that it helps all skin types to improve.


Now, onto less technical stuff and my experience from this cream. It happened that I purchased it during the summer when the weather was really hot. This cream said it should be used last in the beauty routine in the night so that's what I did. I cleansed my face, put my moisturizer and on top this cream. The next day I woke up with two pimples. Oh no, that was disaster. Nonetheless, I kept using it and after a week no sign of pimples made any appearance again. I think it was due to the very hot weather or because of its natural ingredients the skin needed sometime to adjust to them. We are so used to the chemical stuff lately that natural things come to cause us allergies sometimes *sigh*. But now everything is ok, I use this cream every single night and I have no complain.

The cream is gel-type, thick and sticky (think of concentrated snail mucus -- cause that's what it is in the end of the day) and it doesn't smell at all. Ok, if you go too close it smells like "glue" but the scent is barely noticeable anyways. You don't need a lot of it since you are gonna apply it on top of your already moisturized skin. It may feel a bit thick and sticky but it will sink in easily and the stickiness goes away after 1-2'. It leaves the skin deeply moisturized and relaxed. I read some bloggers complaining that it made their face look oily and I have to say that they probably don't realize what's the difference between oily and moistful skin is. You might see your face shinning the next day, but unlike when I wans't using the cream, this time my skin shines in a different way. It's not the "oiliness", it's the moisture that makes it shine and it's natural. So please, don't hesitate buying it if you have oily skin, my skin is oily too and I used this cream on top of moisturizer for the whole summer and I didn't feel any discomfort. The other way around I'd say.

It is super super cheap, I bought it on Ebay for 4,50 euros (~6$) for 45ml and every tube lasted me for a surprisingly long time.

Did I see any results? Well to be honest, yes I did. My skin is more moistful, but balanced at the same time. I also saw that some wounds I had on my face (I went to the dermatologist for a deep face cleanance and she opened the "closed" pores with a needle) healed really fast because of the cream and they didn't leave any scars whatsoever. So, in fact it does what it says. And to be honest, that's only a small part of the line. Maybe if I use the entire line I will get even better results, but I am still young, my skin doesn't desperately need regeneration, so I think that gel cream is more than enough for anyone around 19-25. I would advise you to purchase it and try it out :)

I think I have covered everything concerning this cream, but if you still have any questions or experiences to share with me, don't hesitate to leave a comment below  ^___^

5 comments:

  1. Great review! Thanks! :)

    Have you tried any other Mizon snail products? I've used Benton Snail Bee cream and essence; they're quite decent, but not GREAT, like everyone raves. Maybe I should get full size products instead of samples and wait for long term effects? Maybe try the Mizon snail line? Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried the snail bee essence from Benton and to be honest with you...I hated it. Did nothing for me, it broke me out and it was just waste of money. On the other side my mom is still using it without problems. No idea really what is going on with this product. I have tried the whole Mizon snail range and it's amazing, the best beauty line out there if you ask me! I will be posting an extended review on the whole line soon, but if you ask me, buy the Mizon set asap!! I don't know what your skin concerns are, but from my experience the mizon line has helped with my acne a lot, even though I don't use it concistenly (it's my mom's actually, I borrow it sometimes if I need something extra after peeling+mask). Hope I helped, if you need extra info just tell me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, Benton Snail Bee essence was that bad for you? It didn't break me out, it just didn't really do that much to me. Kinda overrated, but not terrible, if you ask me. Still, sorry to hear that :(

    I'm looking for products to help with my acne and redness, so the Mizon snail line sounds just perfect! Thank you for the suggestion!

    Looking forward for your extended Mizon snail line review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week I go to Korea, but why no body there know about Mizon? I saw them the picture of the products

    ReplyDelete
  5. They don't know about mizon? o.O That's impossible!! Maybe it is not as mainstream as the other brands, but still maybe there was a mistake in communication or something like that. No idea...

    ReplyDelete