Wednesday, May 14, 2014

[Review] Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore & Shine Daily Scrub

Hello everyone!

I have a new review for you today, from a product I purchased back when I was still in UK. It is the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore & Shine Daily Scrub. I needed a scrub for a long time so I figured I should try this one out cause it caught my attention.



Before bying it, I check the ingredients list of course and to be honest I bought it solely because it contains salicylic acid which helps with acne problems. It also contains tangerine and lime. Fruit acids are known for their antiseptic and tightening properties. Since my skin is on the oily side and breaks out easily, I thought that this would be a good product.

It holds 150ml and it has a creamy-mousse concistency. It smells fresh (not citrusy) but I definitelly can't describe the smell exactly. It is really refreshing though. It has green microbeads to exfoliate, which  do not melt down as you scrub. I purchased this at Superdrug for £2.99 (3.50 euros) which is a really good price.


The product claims that it helps tighten the pores and visibly reduces shine. It removes 77% of the excess sebum and provides a lasting matte effect without over-drying the skin. Having used it twice a week for a month or so, I can say that these statements are indeed true. I mean, I saw that my skin was visibly matte and fresh after applying the product, but it wasn't dry at all and it didn't patch or itch or anything. Nonetheless, I didn't notice any pore tightening, and to be honest with you guys, I don't believe that any product can help with large pores, and if it can, it's only for some moments after the application. The results never last for more than several minutes, from my experience.

The only thing I didn't like at all in this product is the texture. On a side note, I tried my friend's scrub while I was in UK, before I buy this one. It was from Neutrogena too, but it contained pink grapefruit and it had a gel-like concistency and the micro-beads were smaller and more, much like salt beads if I can describe them as such. The concistency was "thicker" and I felt like I was getting a better exfoliation. I hate "plastic" beads like that, which are generally sparse and they stick between my fingers when I massage my face. The cream was also not suitable for a scrub use as it was not thick enough to hold the product together (I hope I am making sense here).

I really hope I had gotten the one with the grapefruit, since I really enjoy gel textures. By any means do I say that this product is bad though. It is in fact very nice, and I enjoy its mattifying effect. I just don't like the beads, that's all. I would recommend it to people with oily skin and people who don't like "salty" scrubs. Also, I wouldn't recommend using this more than 2 times per week unless you have some serious dead cell and acne problems. But even so, be gentle and light-handed because the beads are quite weird and they really do exfoliate effectivelly.

I hope I have covered all aspects but if you have any questions, suggestions or opinions, do not hesitate to leave a comment down below ^__^

1 comment:

  1. I have a lot of blackhead throughout my face. In the morning, i apply oak mixed with warm water to make it more softly. And in every evening, I apply this product (Neutrogena scrub). Is it useful? Indeed, I have used this for more than one month and seem not any reduction at all. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete