Sunday, February 23, 2014

[Review] Nivea BB Cream (Light)


Hello everyone!!

I am here today with a review about Nivea BB Cream. I was actually gifted this cream on Christmas and although I do not like Nivea products, I was more than willing to give it a try.


The tube holds 50ml (unfortunately I have no idea how much this BB cream costs in Greece cause it was a gift and I never bothered to look up for it). It has a slightly mousse type concistency, it's quite thick and it smells nice. It doesn't blend very easily with fingers, but I find that it blends quite ok with a brush, preferably a stipling/flat end kabuki one.


 It claims to be a 5 in 1 product, with mineral elements, SPF 10 , provitamin B5 and light coverage. It's nice that it has an SPF factor, but I don't think it's enough after I have tried korean BB creams which tend to have SPF 30+.


 Nonetheless, I was excited to try it and I was thankful that my aunt had purchased the "light" skin tone one. Oh what a disappointment it was for me when I opened the tube. The colour was soooo dark, I almost cried. The camera flash washes out the colour, but I swear guys, this is really dark, almost tannish.(I am also testing this on my hand so the color difference can't show very well). I was like "omg if that's the light one, imagine how the dark version will be". I have been mad with cosmetics companies since forever, because none of them seemed to care about fair/ pale skins. It was like "we: didn't exist. All shades where either too dark, or too yellow and that's why I switched to using korean BB creams instead.

I am not saying that those are completely better, on the other side they are super white with no hint of undertone at all, so you end up looking pasty sometimes. That is why I figured I should use this BB cream in combination with my korean BB's for the best result possible. I noticed that the Nivea BB cream had a pinky undertone which pleased me a lil bit, because my skin has pinky undertone as well. I have to say, that combining the two BB's together gave me the best result possible. I simply used them in ratio 2:1, because the Nivea one is really too dark to be used in 1:1 ratio.

As far as the wearing is concerned, I have no idea how Nivea BB cream is on the skin alone, since I don't use it alone. From the experience I had wearing it in combo with my korean BB's, it seems to be ok. It gives a semi matte finish, it gets a lil oily throughout the day but not anything extreme and it holds ok. The only good it did for me is that it solved my "undertone" color problem. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend this BB cream to anyone. The dark-pinky colour is a difficult combo anyways, I don't even think anyone can have such skin tone to be honest. If you need any color correction for your existing foundation/BB then it will work just fine. Better take some time and investigate the market, see if you can find something that matches your skin perfectly and then buy it. 



Nivea should really do something about it's products. I am really wondering how this company can still sell stuff, I am not pleased with any of them, but this is of course my personal opinion.I hope this review was helpful. If you have any questions or thoughts, don't hesitate to leave a comment below ^__^

5 comments:

  1. Another disappointing Nivea product, huh? No surprise here :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, your aunt bought you a BB cream and your mom's into snail care? Your family sounds awesome! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I introduced them into hese stuff to be honest! :D

      Delete
  3. I bought it (on sale, for about €7) after trying a tester and I quite like it. Of course I agree that the colour is dark and my skin is like MAC nw20-25. The pink undertone is ok for me and I like the coverage too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for the price info :) Indeed, I guess the pink undertone really saves this product.

      Delete