Friday, July 11, 2014

[Review] Reelle Whitening Cream

Hello my beautiful readers!

Today I have for you a review on the last product of the Reelle line, which was sent to me a month ago or so, the whitening cream. I have to say that this cream was my favourite! I use it as the last step of my night routine after the Cleansing Gel and the Anti-acne Cream.

Reelle is a french skin care brand specialized in using high percentage of 100% pure snail extract. The brand has its own snail farms in Thailand and they use the purest and most gerntle methods during the extraction (as I learn they don't kill the snails during the process, like some other companies). The snails are also fed with Aloe Vera, which means that all the nutrients and benefits of the plant can be found in the snails' slime. Impressive :D


The packaging is the same as for all the other creams, sturdy carton box with clean and elegant look to it. The container itself looks like a precious stome, and this cream has a white gem-like lid. It is made of thick, sturdy plastic, so no worries if it happens to fall accidentally. It looks like glass though, and I am in love with it. Definitely not travel friendly packaging, but it makes me feel like princess!


The container holds 20ml, which is actually my only complain. It might be an intensive treatment cream, so you won't actually slather it like crazy on your face, but still I think that a 30ml prouct would justify its price better. This one costs 33euros (~45$).

It smells just like all the other Reelle products, very pleasant. This one has a white colour and the concistency is thick and buttery. I would say it is thicker than the Anti-acne Cream. I was kinda hesitant to try it at first because of that, but I suppose this was a really silly fear. It is very thick yet it absorbs super fast, even though I have combo/oily skin. I admit it left my face a little more moisturized than what I was used to, but I can endure that if it was going to lighten my hyperpigmentation. I have to say that it did left my skin moisturized, bouncy and supple. It  is definitely a quality product, I feel like I walk out of a spa every time I use this line in general.


It contains 5% of pure snail extract which is antimicrobial and antibacterial and natural neroli fragrance which is:

*Non toxic
*Hypoallergenic
*Non phototoxic
*Non photosensitive

So for those of you that are sensitive to fragrances, there is nothing to worry about in this case. The ingredients' list is small.


My biggest problem for the past 2 years is not acne any more, since I have atually beaten this beast down, but hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is when the melanin around the pimple gathers in high percentages on a specific spot and remains for a long time even after the blemish has retreat. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation even from spots I had 2 years ago which makes me look like I still have acne.

Whitening creams, unlike what many people think because of the "whitening" term, are not meant to lighten your skin tone. That is, it won't make you look like snow white if your skin is not as fair. Nor will it bleach your skin, or anything of the sort. Whitening creams were created to fight against hyperpigmentation. There is an ingredient in the list called "Pinus palustris bark extract" which actually is the key to the lightening effect. It contains Tyrosinase Inhibitors which work by blocking or sedating the production of melanin which causes the dark spot effect. It also contains arbutin which is known for its lightening effects.

I use this cream only at night as the last step of my skin care routine. Reelle warns that excessive use of the products (e.g more than 2-3 times per day) can cause breakouts, so I use the whole line only at night so my skin can heal and regenerate faster and better while I sleep. It didn't break me out and it actually works! I am so thrilled about this cream, because at last I see that my skin is getting more clear. I have less hyperpigmentation on one of my cheeks and there I saw the biggest difference. I had to be patient because miracles can't happen during one night, but I am glad I did. My cheeks look more clear, even though the darker spots aren't going away soon. I can see that almost all of the dark spots I had are lightened, some of them started fading a lot, and soon I suppose I will have only a very few to none. I am usually suspicious as far as the results of products is concerned, but this one does simply what it says. I have tried many creams with whitening effects, but so far this is the only one that worked for me. Plus it is super natural and it is gentle on my skin.

I would totally recommend this to anyone who suffers from hyperpigmentation, either you have oily, combo or dry skin. This is a very specific treatment cream, so if you think that your skin is dull and it needs to be lightened this is not what the product does. If you have residual acne and dark spots then you should try this cream. I know it's kinda pricey, but if you aren't on a budget and you want to try something new and effective you can invest on a cream like that. Truth is you don't need a ton of product, but still I hope they upgrade the capacity of the jar. You also need to be very patient, because the time it takes for the spots to be lightened can vary due to many factors. We don't all have the same skin, so we won't all need the same time to see results. 

In case you are interested you can buy Reelle products from the following link with 30% off your first order and worldwide free shipping! :)



For any questions don't hesitate to leave a comment down below ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Unhealthy food habits, stress, dust and pollution, over exposure of skin to the sun light may cause different skin issues.VC 15 vitamin C serum prevents hyper pigmentation, aging, wrinkles etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good information..................
    Where can I buy VC 15 vitamin C for reasonable price???

    ReplyDelete