Wednesday, June 25, 2014

[Review] Reelle Facial Cleansing Gel


Hello everyone!

I hope you are enjoying your summer so far :) Today, I have for you a review about a product tha I have been using for the past month. I am excited to talk to you about the specific brand, Reelle, because it recently entered the market and I think it is interesting to look at their quality and their products overall. They were kind enough to send me 3 products to try and review for you guys, the cleansing gel, the anti-acne cream and the whitening cream. Today I will talk about the first step of the regime I have been following for the past month and two more will follow.

Reelle is a French skin care brand specialized in using high percentage of 100% pure snail extract. The brand has its own snail farms in Thailand (from where they sent me the products). They use the purest and most gentle methods during the extraction (as I learn they do not kill the snails to take their slime, like other companies do) and the snails are fed with Aloe Vera, which means that all the benefits of the plant can be found in the snail slime. I have read pretty impressive things in the PDF they've sent me. But now to the actual review ^^



First of all, the packaging is simply amazing. I do not tend to get all excited about packaging, but this one is so pretty I cannot simply ignore it. Sturdy, thick carton box with "tangible" gold logo. Clean, simple and yet so elegant. The container is also very pretty. It is made of thick glass and has a pump. I simply love it, although it is quite tricky to handle because it's kinda heavy. I am always so careful when I move it around, although I doubt that it will break even if I dropped it by accident due to the thick glass it is made of. The pump isn't very powerful, that means, only a small amount of product comes out with every pump. This way you can control the dose each time. Everything screams quality, nothing feels flimsy or cheap.


The bottle holds 120ml of product, quite standard amount for a cleansing gel. The gel itself is transparent and runny. I was a bit disappointed with the way it foams: using korean cleansing foams for a year now, I was used to rich foam. This one doesn't foam efficiently, I had to use 8 pumps to get the right amount of product to get a somewhat rich foam. Nonetheless, I feel that the result paid me back. Just like it was mentioned in the informations, it cleansed my skin without leaving it dry, apparently because of the 5% of pure snail extract. I was very surprised, this was a new thing to me. I felt clean and fresh and yet my skin felt so moisturized that I felt I could skip the moisturizer. I am really enjoying this sensation, I think it pays back for the poor foaming. I have to say, though, that the foam might be "poor" because the product is made with natural ingredients. And since it leaves my skin nicely cleansed, I can't complain much about it :)



Here you can see the ingredients. The list is very short, which surprised me at first, but I have learnt to appreciate smaller lists, cause it usually means that you find less weird stuff in them. I am sure that a lot of you will probably frown at the "fragrance" word. I was sceptical too, BUT as soon as I read the information PDF nothing was left to worry me. This is actually natural neroli fragrance, it comes from the flower of the bitter orange, Neroli. Reelle says that the fragrance is:

*All natural
*Non toxic
*Hypoallergenic
*Non phototoxic
*Non photosensitive

It is also listed last, so the amount is very small. The product smells really good and the smell is distinct and lingers. Nonetheless, it feels fresh and natural and it didn't cause me any harm whatsoever.

I use this cleanser only at night. Reelle warns that excessive use of snail products (e.g 2-3 times per day) cause actually cause breakouts. That's why I decided to use the whole skin care line I got only in my night routine, since all the goodies from the snail extract will help my skin repair and regenerate faster and more effective while I sleep :) I massage my face well with it for 1-2 minutes and I actually let it sink in for a little while before rinsing it off. 
I can't really say if it had a big effect on my skin, since I am using another two products of this line after this cleanser, so I suppose the result is a synergy between all 3 products, but it didn't break me out, it is very gentle and it really cleanses my skin without leaving any sticky residue or dryness behind. I really like it.

The cleanser retails for 27euros (~ 37$). It is quite expensive, but  it is definitelly worth the money, quality- wise speaking. If you have sensitive skin, and you can't find a product that respects your skin, I think you should invest some money on something more price-y and give this a try. If nothing else, it is not a chemical bomb and the snail extract benefits are well known to the majority of people who are concerned about the health of their skin with the least possible chemical processed products. I would recommend it both for oily and dry skin, I think you will be left happy in any case. Other than that, use this moderately so that it will last you longer >.<



For more information, pictures and to get the products with 30% off your first order visit:
 http://www.reelle-skincare.net/#cosmeticreviewer


You can buy the products from this page with free worldwide shipping!!

If you still have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment down below ^__^


No comments:

Post a Comment