Wednesday, May 21, 2014

[Review] Elisha Coy Always Nuddy BB 24

Hello beauties!

Today I will review for you the Always Nuddy BB 24 by Elisha Coy. I bought it recently and I have used it enough to ensure that my review will be helpful for you.



I remember that I had tried a sample of this BB cream like...mmm 2 summers ago, and at that time it seemed really nice to me, but for some reason its price back then was super high, so I didn't buy it. Lately, I was looking for a new BB cream and I saw this tiny 15ml tube, so I thought it would be a nice way to re-try the product and not commit with the 50ml one. I bought this on Ebay, for 5E (~6,50$). This one is really good for traveling because it won't get confiscated due to its small size.

So, back then when I frirst tried it, I really liked the fact that it was indeed "nuddy". Unlike other bb creams, it didn't have a grey or white cast, and I suppose this is because it doesn't contain any SPF. This has both its downside and upside: if you want something that looks photogenic without backfiring with the flash, but at the same time you do not use foundations at all, or you don't feel like you need that much coverage then this is probably perfect. Now if you want to wear this in the mornings you'd better use sunscreen and preferably one with high SPF.


 
As I said before it applies thinly and "nuddy" on the face. It does cover minor imperfections, but it is of course sheer like most BB creams. It smells very pleasantly it doesn't make you look like you have anything on your face. I was surprised by it, I think it adjusts on your skin tone, although I wouldn't recommend it for medium-dark skin tones, because like most BB creams, this one is made for fairer complexions. I noticed it makes my skin tone even and made my skin naturally beautiful without feeling cakey at all. Maybe that's why I had liked it back then; due to the summer heat I needed something light but I also needed a tiny bit of coverage. I noticed that it fotographs really nicely, no white cast whatsoever. All in all, it is exactly what it says, nuddy.
I think that all of you who want to look as natural as possible will like it for sure. I think you can build it up a little bit, but I do not think it reaches medium coverage at all. It is on the very sheer side.


 This BB cream claims to contain only natural ingredients which do not cause any break outs and they calm down the skin. Well, honestly, I didn't get any breakouts from this BB, but I didn't see any of my red zits being calmed down after I have used the product either. Wasn't expecting any miracles, but I buy BB creams to cover my imperfections, so I can't complain if they don't make them disappear :P Good thing is that I didn;t get any breakouts from this one.

 As you can see from the (majestic) fotos (don't worry, I will get a new camera soon) it has a medium fair kind of colour which looks kinda dull in the beginning. It is not yellowy, nor pinky...it is, strangely enough, nothing. To my eyes at least I think this is like a universal FAIR type colour. 



Here you can see it blended out. I know that hand skin isn't the best place to show how a face product works, but I doubt you would see anything different on my face too :P  As you can see it is sheer and almost invisible!


The only thing I didn't like with this BB cream is its oil control. It has absolutely none. I was veeery disappointed, because oil control for me means the world in a BB cream. I am not being picky, but my skin gets oily really easily, and especially when the temperature starts to rise in spring and summer, so I am looking for products that do not accentuate my oily nose and forehead. I was horrified to see my nose looking like I had dipped it in a bowl full with opil after 2h of application (WITH a ton of powder on top). The rest of my face was kinda ok, but my T-zone was oily in general. The BB applies very moisturizing and I didn't like that at all. I would definitelly recommend it for people with dry skin or only for application during winter. Knowing myself I will keep this tube to try it again in winter and see if it works a bit better.

Another thing that bothered me a little, is that it gets a bit "muddy" on me after some hours. Maybe I am used to more radiant skin tone using other products, but some people mentioned I look dull. Maybe it was a day I wasn't feeling well or something like that, dunno, I am just telling you what happened. I just noticed that my skin didn't have that fresh tone when I applied this BB. 

It was a good idea to try the 15ml tube, because I concluded that this BB cream is not for me in the end. I won't probably purchase it again, but it is not a product that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I think it has good attributes, just not for those with oily skin or people who live in countries with high temperatures. Those with dry skin will like it. And don't forget the sunscreen!!

I hope I have covered everything but if you still have any questions or you want to share your experience with this BB cream don't hesitate to leave a comment down below ^__^

2 comments:

  1. My T-zone is oily so this BB won't look good on me either, especially during summer! Great review as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! It is generally hard to find something that stays matte during summer here but this one was clearly TOO moisturizing...and I wonder why on earth I had liked the sample back then. Better try as many samples as you can before buying anything! Saves time and disappointment :P

    ReplyDelete