Wednesday, June 11, 2014

[Review] Avon Gel Finish Nail Polish

Hello beauties!!

Summer is here at last, and I know how much you love colorful nail polishes to match your playful mood. I have a reaview for you today on Avon's new nail polishes with gel finish!! Avon was kind enough to send me 2 nail polishes to try out but that doesn't mean that my opinion won't be as objective as always. 

Truth is that I already owned 2 other nail polishes from Avon, with which I was really happy because their quality was great! This time I got "Roses are Red" and "Pink Parfait".


They come in a package like this, pretty simple black with the logo (which I find really clever).



 Each bottle contains 12ml of product, which to my experience is a lot!! On the left it's "Pink Parfait" and on the right "Roses are Red". The brush is nice, flat and big and it gives a very professional application. The texture is smooth and so easy to apply and the colour, oh the colour is so pigmented and smooth...I only applied one coat on both pictures and look at the result!! I am not pro with manicures, but I noticed that the polish was really good. It definitelly gave me a gel like finish, it was "wet" and shinny even without a top coat!
As far as the longevity is concerned, I wouldn't say it lasts long, but I am probably not doing it justice, because while testing it I had to do the dishes every day (for some random reason). It lasted on my hands for 4 days, though, which means that if I didnt do so many dishes it would probably last me for a week or something. You can add a really trusty top coat just to ensure it lasts longer.


 The pink one is more of a fucshia, magenta-ish, Rio De Janeiro kind of colour ( my description can't be more accurate xD). Even though I am not a fan of these colours in general, I have to say I loved it!! Perfect for Summer! The red one, is actually what I would call the "blood red". It looks like blood to me (even though it looks lighter in the foto, blame the lighting), or yeah, like a rose. Pretty accurate name, and very nice colour, I think it would look better on really fair skin tones because it makes a nice otherwordly contrast. Not a summery colour, but you can definitelly rock it if you want something classy and glamorous.


I think the polish costs around 5,50E (~7$), at least that's how much it costed when I got to try these. Pretty neat price for the quality, I would definitelly recommend these polishes if you love gel finish but you don't want to go have a gel treatment at a salon.

I hope I have covered everything, for any questions or opinions or anything else,don't hesitate to leave a comment down below ^__^

2 comments:

  1. I am actually an AVON representative and just stumbled upon this post! I am definitely going to test out some of these colors and post about them on my blog: countryclassdiy.blogspot.com

    You can also checkout my AVON website at: yourAVON.com/dmalloy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really give them a try, I think they are really great polishes, and mind you, I never bother enough to take care of my nails so these save me time!! Thanx for dropping by! xo

    ReplyDelete