Tuesday, March 4, 2014

[Review] Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence

Hello everyone!

I will be reviewing the Snail Bee High Content Essence from Benton, which as I saw in several blogs was really promising and quite cheap. Using the Mizon Snail Gel (for which I have a review on my blog) for several months, I already knew the benefits of the snail mucus for the skin, and since I didn't own any essence type product and my mom also wanted to try this, we decided to buy it. After reading a ton of reviews about it, I was ensured that this was a good investment...or wasn't it? 



I bought this from cosmetic.jolse.com, since it was on offer back then if I remember correctly. Now it costs 19.98$ everywhere I search (~ 15E) which to me is a real bargain!! Especially with the promises it comes with. It holds 60ml which fascinated me cause that's the double amount of the ordinary essences and serums and it is unscented. It has a runny gel concistency very light and easily absorbed. The ingredients also excited me to no end, I had never seen such pure product in terms of ingredients:

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Arbutin, Human Ogliopeptide-1, Bee Venom, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Laminana Digita Extract, Dios Pyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Campestris (Elm) Extract, Bacilus Ferment, Azelaic Acid, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Beta-Glucan, Betaine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer, Adenosine, Panthenol, Allantoin, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Arginine



 The container is plastic, with a pump and a cap. The pump performs really well and although I was expecting the bottle to be made of glass, I wasn't all that disappointed with the plastic one :)


The essence itself is really light and absorbs instantly, no need to wait to put your moisturizer on top. For those of you not familiar with korean products, essences are used right after the face cleansing and before any other moisturizer. This is not a serum (which goes last onto the skin). I used 3-4 pumps of it every morning and night after my cleansing routine for a couple of weeks and this is my conclusion:

First of all, this isn't moisturizing at all. If you have dry skin and you are looking for a moisturizing essence, this is probably not for you. It feels like gel-water, it absorbs really fast and it doesn't leave any residue whatsoever, like you had never put anything on your skin. It really tightened my skin, so I had to put a moisturizer on top immediatelly, and I didn't really like that feeling. And, to the burning subject, no, it didn't do anything for my skin. From what I had read, I was expecting my acne to get better, I had some red zits which I was hoping that they would stop being that red. But to add to my disappointment, I started breaking out even more. I kept using this for a week more, just because I always give time to my skin to adjust to new products and ingredients, but I decided that if I kept using this essence I would break out for the rest of my life. After some weeks of having stopped using it, my skin started to feel better, but this was a huge shock for me.

On the other side, my mom said that this product was okay. She didn't break out and she keeps using it till it's empty. She said that it was nothing really WOW, so she won't buy it again.


Overall, I don't think that this product worths the hype. People are raving about it, but I was deeply disappointed by it. Personally, I wouldn't recommend this essence to you guys, since it broke me out and I don't really know to what kind of skin it would fit well. I, really, have no advice whatsoever to give you if you really wanna try it out. What I know, is that I won't be buying from that line again, since to me, the Mizon Snail line is far more superior and actually do what it says. I will be reviewing this line on my next post probably so stay tuned  :)

If you still have any questions, recommendations or you simply want to share some thoughts, don't hesitate to leave a comment below ^___^

12 comments:

  1. Lovely page! I like the theme and your presentation structure. Keep it up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really glad you like my blog ^_^ Please spread the word and keep coming around <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad it didn't work for you :(

    I don't love nor hate the Snail Bee line; it didn't break me out, but it wasn't all that great either. That being said, I'm dying to try Benton's BHA Skin Toner and Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel :P

    Have you used any other Benton products?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that was the first (and probably the last) Benton product I have tried. I usually give second chances to brands, but when something that promising and raved is causing me problems, I kinda lose my interest. I would like to try the Propolis Gel since it has Aloe inside and it will probably be gentle to the skin, but at the moment I am happy with the products I currently use in my routine, so I guess I will stick to them :)
      Thanx for reading ^^

      Delete
  4. If I ever get around to trying the toner and soothing gel, I'd be happy to let you know how they worked out! Well, unless you really, REALLY hate that brand! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do! I am never negative to trying new stuff, let's say I am left with a bitter taste from this one. I would love to be informed about the other products if you ever get to try them :)

      Delete
    2. Will do! :)

      You mentioned you're happy with the products you currently use. I'd love to see a blog entry about your skincare routine!

      Delete
    3. My thoughts after using Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel Soothing Gel for a while...

      First off, it's very lightweight and suitable for oily/combo skin. I don't really see any moisturizing effects; it gets absorbed rather quickly, though. Secondly, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Since using the soothing gel, I've seen a big difference on both my regular and hormonal acne... almost overnight! I still have some blemishes left, but they're barely noticeable!

      Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner works just as good! Especially combined with Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel!

      I would most definitely recommend trying this gel out! You can easily find some samples, if you don't want to invest on a full size bottle!

      Delete
  5. Thanx a lot for your usefull feedback on this product!! I will try to get some samples to try out of curiosity and I hope it won't cause me any breakouts. Once again, not all products are for everyone, so I suppose this one was just an unfortunate miss :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't find anything for my oily, acne prone disgusting skin until I came across Benton. At first, I was skeptical, fearing a massive breakout, but what resulted was far different. My acne bumps cleared up, my skin looked smoother and better, and I actually felt confident in myself. It's a shame that the Benton products didn't work for you though! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I haven't tried anything else from Benton, so I can't really flame the whole line. I have heard a lot of good words about the brand, but I just can't bring myself to try anything else >.< I was expecting good results too. I recently learnt that there were some infected batches from Benton and the brand said that they would exchange them with new products etc. Maybe I had one of those when they hadn't found out yet. Or maybe my skin didn't like it :P I am glad that you found products that helped you with your acne, I know how bad it can get and how it can pull your confidence down.

      Delete