Wednesday, April 23, 2014

[Review] Essence All About Nudes Palette

 Hello everyone and happy Easter! (even if it's kinda late to wish that :P)

I was away for easter vacations so I only got some time now to review a product for you. The All About Nudes palette from Essence. I bought this one a month ago or so and honestly, I use it everyday, I almost neglected all my other palettes. I am a big eyeshadow fan, I wear shadows even on everyday and simple looks and I thought this one looked so pretty so I gave it a try. After all, pinks and shimmery champagne colours are top on the list of the colours I rock :D

First of all: the price! I was like "waaaah only???". Only 5 euros (~6.50$) for 6 colours. I don't know about you guys, but the price spoke to me, simply because palettes are usually kinda pricey, depending on the brand and the amount of shadows you get. So yeah, I just grabbed it and put it in my shopping basket along with some other stuff. The packaging is quite sturdy, it closes well and doesn't open easily (that's both blessing and curse if you ask me). I had it with me when I traveled to UK, it was in my suitcase, and it didn't break at all. The shadows were intact too. I was impressed I have to say. It is really compact too, so you can carry it in your purse when you go out, or a small pouch if you want something small for travelling.


As for the shadows' quality, I was impressed once more with how buttery and silky they are. They are very pigmented as well (alhough my bad photo below doesn't do much justice I am afraid) and they blend very easily. The swatches are made without any primer, so I promise you that if you use any kind of eyelid primer, the colours will pop up even more. In any case, it happens that most of the shades are close to my natural skin tone for some reason, so you can only see the darker ones clearly.

 Nonetheless, I will try to describe the shades as seen in the palette (starting from top left to the right, same for lower row): the first colour is a really shimmery off white colour, really pretty for highlighting the brow bone and the inner corner. The second one, is a matte "toasted" pink colour, which will probably match your eyelid colour if you are fair and I like it as a base, or as a light transition colour. The third one is a shimmery champagny-taupy colour which gives a nice "light" to the lid and it's really flattering without being too shinny. The next one is a pearly pink (it doesn't have any shimmer but I wouldn't group it as a matte colour for sure) really simple colour, easy to work with and very subtle too. Next is a matte greenish-gray colour, which I use in case I wanna darken some areas more. The last one is a matte plumy-mauvy colour, really pretty, it is combined very nicely with all the other shadows and works well for everyday looks as well.


Although all the colours are nicely pigmented, I would recommend a primer, which will help everything stay put for more and make the colours show off better, mostly because these kind of shades tend to blend in with the skin and not show up very much. All in all, I am really happy with this palette, I never expected to find such a good selection of colours and finishes in such a neat price. I will probably try some more of the palettes available.

 For me, this could even stand as a mini dupe of Urban Decay Naked 3. I haven't tried any UD palette, but I see a lot of people wanting the Naked 3 desperately and they can't have it because it's so expensive, so in my opinion, this palette will make up for that. I mean, let's face it, the Naked 3 has only pinks inside, if you can't afford it, buy this one and you will be just fine, the colours are kinda close :) Find ways to be creative and use things that look similar if you want to replicate a look!

The only downside for me, was the fact that there was no brown shadow in the bunch. I mean, the palette is called "nude" so I expected and I would like to see just one light brown shade, just for the crease. I am not really complaining, but I would prefer a light brown instead of the greenish-gray one, which isn't really useful to be honest. But I suppose you already have a light brown shadow in your collection if you actually wear eyeshadows, so you can use that :D

I hope I have covered everything, for any questions,opinions and recommendations don't hesitate to comment down below ^__^

8 comments:

  1. I love pinkish nudes so I'll definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's odd. I haven't seen this particular palette among the rest of the All About palettes on any Essence counter. Is this LE or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, as far as I know, this is part of their permanent line. There are another 2 or three palettes in the same line, "all about candy" with pastels and "all about sunrise" (i think that's the name) with golden and browns. They have been on the Essence counter here for some time, but I understand why you might not be able to find them, because some stores have really small displays and they do not bring everything. If there are many stores with Essence products nearby where you live, I suggest you check out each and every one of them to ensure you didn't miss it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I live in Thessaloniki, I can easily find quite a few stores with Essence counters. I guess this particular palette might be sold out, since nude pinks are all the range lately, thanks to Urban Decay's Naked 3 :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thn prohgoumenh bdomada pou phga Hondos sthn Aristotelous htan akoma ekei :/ Alla3an 8esh sta stand ths Essence btw, alla eimai siiiigourh pws yparxei akoma, den mporei na eimai toso tyflh xD Kane enan kopo kai perna allh mia kai des. Eilikrina, mexri thn Deytera pou phga last time h paleta yphrxe :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De nomizw pws perasa apo ekei teleutaia, opote mallon gia auto den thn eida. Mexri pou diabasa to review sou, hksera mono tis 2 poluxrwmes Paradise/Candies kai th Sunrise! Alh8eia, meneis kai esu 8essalonikh h hsoun apla perastikh?

      Delete
  6. Oxi, menw Thessalonikh :) Kai genika gia o,ti kainourio ths Essence na phgaineis sto Hondos Aristotelous h sto magazi dipla, to Stop to Shop, giati sto Apollonia den fernoun tipota, exoun olo kati palia kapou 3exasmena kai kataxwniasmena. ^^'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xexe eimaste sxedon geitonisses! :P
      Ekei koitazw sunh8ws kai egw gia Essence. Euxaristw gia th sumboulh, pantws!

      Delete