Tuesday, September 30, 2014

[Review] SkinFood Egg White Pore Mark


Hello my wonderful readers!

I hope you are all doing well ^_^ Today I have a review for you, a very loved item that is a staple in my beauty regime, the Egg White Pore Mask from SkinFood. 

I am a big fan of masks, mostly because I have oily(combo) skin, so sometimes I really need an extra step to feel absolutely clean and fresh. Due to oiliness in my T-zone and the inner cheecks (close to my nose) I have quite large pores especially on my nose and inner cheecks. Although I am convinced that there is no product that can absolutely "erase" pores, there are products that can help minimize their appearance even for a while :)



And although clay masks are my all time favourite, and actually the best remedy for oily and acne prone skin, I consider them a bit rough for daily/frequent use. Clay can is really detoxifying and can cause irritation if you have sensitive skin or if you use it really frequently. That is why I purchased this mask here. It contains egg white, which is known for its purifying properties and minimizes the appearance of pores (for a short time though :P ). It also contains lactic acid and kaolin (chinese clay), which both eliminate pore-clogging impurities and make your skin feel fresh.


I apologise for the lack of photo, but this mask is white. It is a thick paste in concistency, like a usual clay mask. It smells really nice and it spreads on the face nicely and smoothly. It has soft texture and a little goes a long way, which doesn't happen with many masks. What I like is that when it dries out it doesn't create the "mask-face" that green clay does. It doesn't get crunchy, or itchy or anything like that. It dries out smoothly and it is very easy to rinse it off which I appreciate because I hate trying to rub masks off my face.
The lil bucket contains 100ml of product and I purchased it for ~10$ (~7,50euros) on Ebay with free shipping. It has lasted me for ever, so I can't even complain a bit about the price. Definitely worth its money.

I use it twice per week, along with other masks (depending on how my skin feels). I lov the fact that it makes my skin feel clean, detoxified and fresh without leaving it extra dried out and sensitive. I actually feel so comfortable when I take this off and definitely oil-free :D I would surely recommend it to people with sensitive skin as it is quite calming and it doesn't irritate. 

Now about the pore issue: I definitely saw that my complexion was more radiant after some uses. I noticed it minimized my pores a bit, but that was only temporary, not like I expected anything else to be honest, I wish there was a medical pore-problem treatment. If you have used raw egg whites as a mask before, you will notice it has a similar effect. It also offers oil-free face due to the kaolin. As I always say, don't expect miracles to happens just with products, skin is a living organism and you can't always do much if it decides it wants you to have a pimple :P
I would definitely recommend this mask to you, it is always good to have a handy mask like that around. Good for being clean without feeling dry.

If you have any questions or recommendations, do not hesitate to leave a comment down below ^__^
Oh! And don't forget to follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment