Wednesday, September 3, 2014

[Review] Olay Beauty Fluid

Hello my lovely readers!!

Long time no see, I apologise for that :| Summer has taken its toll on me and I felt kinda lightheaded and lazy. September is here (not that I am happy about it xD) and a cycle of new things begin ^__^  Today I have a new review for you, about the super raved Olay Beauty Fluid.

I bought this pretty bottle while I was in UK. I was looking for a new light moisturizer back then because it was spring. I researched a bit too much about it, mostly in the Boots' site. The reviews were countless and most of them were raving about that product, making me want it even more because it sounded like it was a miracle in a bottle.

I bought it from Superdrug for 3.99£ which was a great offer. I think it was a little while before Mother's Day so I found it on a special edition pachaging as well. I think it looks super cute :3 The bottle contains 200ml, so I had a face that was like "Oh nyes, so much product, it will last me quite some time!".


I started using it late spring. It has a runny light texture and smells great. As always I was discouraged because the label said it's suitable for all skin types. Whenever I see that I always pass by, but I just couldn't get the reviews I had read off my head: "Amazing! I use it everyday and my skin looks better than it did when I was younger!", "We have been using this in our family for centuries and it's the best" (the quotes are paraphrased). I supposed that since soooo many people were claiming that this was a miraculous product, it must be true, at least to some extend. The skin types of the reviewers varied so that put me at ease.

Truth be told, I was expecting a heavier concistensy. Fortunately, it was indeed fluidy, light and it absorbed super fast. It felt kinda...confusing. My skin felt tight, not very moisturized but definitely not greasy. I didn't know what to think. If that product worked as such on my oily combo skin, I doubt it would wok for dry skins. It's not very moisturizing, see it's very confusing because I can't describe really well what I didn't like about it. I apologise for not being able to describe what made me put the bottle aside. I tried to start using it many times but everytime I looked at it  and I was hesitant to put it on my face. Soon I realized that it was the one that broke me out several times, even though to be honest I didn't see any really harsh ingredients on the label, it doesn't even contain parabens o.O Still I knew it was breaking me out because the only times I get pimples on my forehead is when I have a reaction to a product (really convenient :P ).


All in all, I stopped using it and the bottle is still almost intact. That's unfortunate, I will give it to a friend or something is she shows no reaction to it. I wouldn't necessarilly discourage to buy it, nor encourage you either. I guess I was one of the 2% of the people that state a highly raved product doesn't work for them (much like Benton's Snail Bee High Content Essence; although I am still convinced I had an infected batch, there were many incidents with infected batches stated from the company itself, anyways). I definitelly wouldn't recommend this for people with dry skin, as the texture isn't very moisturizing. Ideally people with dry skin could use it on the summer months, while people with oily skin will find it good all year round due to it being light. Works ok underneath makeup, to be honest with you, so if you really wanna buy it, consider my review. If you have sensitive skin in general you should consider bying something especially for sensitive skin, I think Olay has a fluid for sensitive skins as well if I remember correctly. For me this product was "meh" I will stick to my korean and mostly Mizon's moisturizers, since they never let me down!

I hope I have covered everything. If you still have any questions or you want to share your experience with this product please don't hesitate to leave a comment down below ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment