Wednesday, June 4, 2014

SkinView: How to get rid of acne and get a beautiful radiant face

Hello beauties!

I decided to step one level up and start writing about ways with which you can make yourself look even more awesome. I will name this attempt SkinView, as it will focus mainly on natural products or ways with which you can make wonders on your skin, hair and body. I hope that you will be interested to know more about natural ways of treating problematic areas.I am not a professional dermatologist, or doctor, or aesthetitian, but I would like to share my experiences and knowledge on the matter with you.

I know that a lot of us share a huge love for cosmetics for various reasons: they make our face look flawless, more radiant, more awake, less irritated, they boost our self esteem and they are a way for us to get creative. Personally, makeup for me is a way to get creative on my face-canvas. I do believe ,though, that no one needs a lot of makeup or skin care products to look amazing, simply because, as with anything else, it is in our hands to better ourselves. Also, a lot of the products we use on our faces cause us even more breakouts or have allergic reactions on us. In the end of the day, we are putting chemically processed stuff on our skin and sometimes we exaust our skin more than we think.

Today I will talk to you about acne. I have been fighting against acne (thankfully not a severe case) for quite sometime. I have tried a lot of stuff on my face and back but the problem still remained. I have visited doctors and aesthititians but new face demons kept coming again and again and I slowly got tired of this situation. It took me a long time to realise that only I had the key to cure myself. I do not say that I got rid of acne entirely, in the end of the day we are still humans with hormones so of course I get some hormonal breakouts during the month. I will try to give you the sufficient steps and tips so that, hopefully, you can get rid of acne and get a nice clean skin, either on your back or face. Once again I want to mention that this is not a medical opinion, just a conclusion from personal experience, but I won't in any way suggest anything harmful.

1. Visit a doctor
I didn't start really well did I? Well truth is that acne can be caused by various reasons: stress, polution, hormones, junk food etc. Before you do anything else to stop the face demons coming, you should perhaps visit a doctor. A dermatologist or at least some kind of doctor who can subscribe you blood tests to determine if your acne is caused by hormones or not. This is actually a very crucial step, because if you are really suffering from some kind of hormonal acne, this should probably be treated with medication.

2. Determine your skin type
If you have already found out that you don't suffer from hormonal acne, then it's time to see if you really know your skin type. I know that I was mistaken about mine for a long time and I had harmed my skin more than I thought. Visit an aesthititian or a dermatologist and ask for a professional opinion concerning your skin type. This way you will always pick what's suitable for you and your skin will have to work less to balance things out.

3. Cut out all the shit you eat
I am sorry if some of you get offended by my words, but in all honesty, a lot of people eat junk food on a daily basis. And I do not only mean McDonald's or KFC. I also mean processed food, refined carbs, sugar, chips and sweets. Why do you treat yourself like a garbage bin? And just to be clear, I am not talking about following a diet or starving. I am just trying to tell you to put the unhealthy snack you are eating right now down and grab a fruit. Your food is the fuel for your body. And in every "burn" there are "gases" and bad stuff that need to be exerted from the engine. If you feed your engine with mud, it will probably give out more mud. If you eat a lot of sugary and unhealthy stuff, you will have a greasy, full of pimples face. No matter how you see it, eating healthy can be a very crucial step to improve not only your image overall, but also your skin and hair. Fruits and vegetables have a ton of nutrients and fibers which will help you maintain a beautiful, youthful face. Nature is always on your side when you decide you change yourself towards the better. Imagine you lived in a cave, or at least at some place far away from the super market. What could you possibly eat? The answer is: anything that is not processed. Trust me, you will definitelly see a difference once you start eating healthier.

4. Drink a lot of water
I am probably the worst person to give advice on that matter, mainly because I am never thirsty. Don't ask how, I just know that I crave for water only while working out. Nonetheless, I really try my best to drink at least 1.5L of water per day. Water is essential for our bodies, after all humans are 75% water. Our cells need water to do almost anything and get the oxygen they need. How do you remove impurities from your skin? With water.How do you remove them from the inside? With water ;) See? It's self explanatory and actually easy. Carry a bottle of water with you wherever you go. That way you will not forget to drink water throughout the day. I noticed a huge difference since I started drinking more water: my skin was less greasy, I had less pimples and in general my face became more radiant. It is such a simple step, which we all forget. And no, soda, processed tea and coffee won't do. Freshly squized juices and homemade green tea are a good alternative if you want something more flavorful ^_^

5. Exercise
I understand that many people do not have the time to workout daily. I also understand that many of us make up excuses to avoid taking our butts off the chair. I was the same, I can relate. Again, I won't tell you to go all nuts and start training 5 times per week, lifting weights and doing cardio (although you really should), because I understand that some of us may suffer from a lot of stuff than unables one to to workout systematically. I will be honest with you , though. I noticed that all the hideous acne I had on my face started to go away after I started working out systematically. To this I assume it helped that I lost weight and I actually followed all the steps above. Your body will be benefited from any kind of exercise. If you are lazy or not in the mood, just go out and walk for an hour. You don't have to run, just move your body!! Dance for 30', just turn on the radio and dance. You don't have to go to the extremes. Just don't sit on your chair/couch all day and your body will appreciate it! You might notice extra face demons on the first weeks if you indeed start to workout. Don't panic, that's your pores sweeping out all the bad stuff from the inside :)

6. Be a clean person
Washing your face day and night isn't always enough. Ensure that you wash your hair frequently (not everyday though) and that your pillowcase is changed every week at least. Try not to pick your face ( look who's talking >.<) at least not with dirty hands. Wash your makeup brushes frequently, if you use any, and keep your makeup and skin care products' containers clean and away from places in which they can get dirty. Don't be a sanitizer freak, but just try to be clean so that less germs are likely to invade your majestic face! For back acne, buy a back-brush and rub your back gently while you shower. Don't forget to moisturize that area too right after, and if you can't do it alone ask someone else to help you. It is preferable to use some aloe gel back there, because you don't want to put anything fragranced or too chemical on your affected area. Keep your clothes and bras clean. Back acne is a difficult case because we get sweaty and we can't spend all day washing everything we have worn.

7. Try something new
There are a lot of natural face masks you can do. Most of them are made with natural ingredients which you already have on hand. Just let aside your favourite face scrub and grab some salt, lemon and honey to exfoliate and then make a natural mask with oats, aspirin and lemon. I will share my favorite anti-acne masks with you if you are interested, but the internet is full with recipes for oily skin and acne masks. Just search  a bit and try something new. Nothing harmful can happen to you, I guarantee it. Natural ingredients do not cause any reactions unless you are allergic to any of them. So please ensure you have no allergies to any of the ingredients you will use before you start experimenting.

8. No makeup-wakeup
I get angry when I see some of my friends sleeping without removing their makeup. It's probably the worst thing you can do to your skin. Not only does it age faster, it also breaks you out more. Your skin has pores, it needs to breathe. Sleep is essential for cell regeneration, and when you don't let your skin breathe during this important phase then...you just destroy your own skin. Make sure to remove your makeup entirely before you go to sleep, even if that means you have to double wash it to ensure that everything is removed. C'mon don't be lazy, would you rather go around with acne (which by the way YOU have caused) than spending 15' each night for your cleansing regime?

As an extra optional step, I would recommend you to visit a dermatologist and have a facial at least every 2 months until you see an improvement. That is of course not obligatory, because not all of us have the money for facials. I hope you commit to cure yourself today and I hope that what I said will help you. It is actually easier than what it seems. You just need to change some bad habits and add some good ones. I am pretty sure that if you follow my advice, you will see results in about 1-2 months (depending on your skin and case). I do not, by any means, tell you to stop using your favorite moisturizer, serum or spot treatment. These will work together with you to create a beautiful skin. And please, do not get discouraged if you don't see results immediatelly. Everything needs time. Be patient, be determined, be close to nature and you will definitelly see a difference on your skin and life for sure :)

Do not hesitate to leave a comment down below if you have any suggestion to make, or you want to share your favorite natural mask recipe. ^___^

4 comments:

  1. 9. Try using a Konjac sponge in your cleansing routine.
    They're very effective, yet very gentle. Plus, they're as cheap as 1-2€ on eBay, so they're pretty affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I already have a Konjac sponge. It is good, but not super wow like some youtubers suggested. I guess it's a matter of preference because I have stopped using it. I don't like sponges on my face :| Also I believe that we should be gentle to skin which is suffering from acne, so any kind of other material than our own hands may irritate the skin a bit more. But we must all try and see what works best for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that's too bad :( Did the sponge actually irritate your skin or you just don't like using it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess a lil bit of both ~_~ I use the sponge only if I had heavy makeup on the whole day :)

    ReplyDelete