Wednesday, April 9, 2014

[Review] Etude House Skin Malgem Emulsion

Hello everyone!

I am here today with a brand new review, and to be honest I missed reviewing products the last 20 days or so. I was in UK, and I didn't have as much access to a pc as I would like, that's why you haven't heard from me for a while. I did an amazing haul while I was there, so if you would like to see what I bought, a sneakpeek to upcoming reviews, stay tuned :D Today I will be reviewing Etude House's Skin Malgen Emulsion.

I bought this 4 months ago or so, because I needed a moisturizer without SPF and I read that this product is quite good. I purchased it from cosmetic.jolse.com, for 12.58$ (~ 10 euros) with free shipping. It contains 200ml which is quite a lot. It comes in a sturdy plastic bottle (which looks and feels like glass) with a pink lid. The opening as you can see in the picture is quite big and the product runs kinda free, so you better be careful with the way you handle it otherwise you are gonna end up with a handfull of product on your hand. The bottle isn't actually very squeez-able, so I found this kind of packaging a bit tricky for such a product. I was expecting a more sqeezable bottle and a smaller opening, but well, ok, it didn't bother me that much.


I did quite some research before I buy this product, and I was excited because it was as natural as it could be. It is paraben, ethanol, mineral and benzophenone free, plus it is all in one, meaning Emulsion + Essence + Cream. I thought that this could save me some money on a long term. So far so good. The list of ingredients is ok (in my opinion) so I was hoping that the product will be nice on my skin.


It contains a lot of fruit acids and extracts which help exforliate the old skin and create a clear, smooth and hydrated complexion. It also contains babassu seed and orchid extract which moisturize the skin.


 Actually, it smells really nice! It has fruit extracts in it, and it smells like grapefruit, which is my favourite fruit so of course I loved the scent, which is not very overwhelming, more like a really light fragrance. It has a runny and watery consistency, and it is light on the skin. I was kinda disappointed with the amount of time it took for it to sink into my skin, I like products that sink in immediatelly and this one required some "work" until it was fully absorbed. It left my skin nice and smooth (some bloggers said it was sticky, but honestly I didn't experience any stickiness at all) but on my cheeks I felt like I could use more hydration. My cheeks tend to get quite dry (I have oily/combination skin) so I didn't feel like this emulsion was as potent as a regural moisturizing cream, even though it claimed to be 3 in 1.


 It is more of a light moisturizer, suitable for normal skins and definitely not for the winter. I wouldn't recommend it to people with dry skin, and to those of you with oily skin and dry patches I would advice to put a little extra product on the dry areas after the first layer of product that has sinked in. I still use this emulsion effectivelly everyday, and now that it's spring it is more easy to use than before. I use it even before my makeup and it hasn't caused any kind of greasiness or excessive oilness. It is a really nice and light moisturizer for oily skins and warm weather, so if you need something new and light for the spring I would totally recommend this.

As with all products, I didn't expect miracles on my skin, but to be honest, I saw a slight difference on my face. My skin tone became more clear and radiant and I stopped having as many pimples as before. I assume that this is because of its exfoliating properties. I am quite happy with this product overall, but I don't think I will repurchase it, mostly because it wasn't exactly what I was looking for at the time I bought it, and because it is quite more expensive than the Mizon moisturizers that I usually buy.

Random precaution advice: Because this emulsion contains fruit extracts, if the skin is irritated it may sting a bit in the beginning. If you feel it stings, it's not an allergic reaction, it's the fruit acids that "exfoliate" the old skin and help the product sink in the deeper layers of the new skin :)

I hope I have covered everything but if you still have any questions or you want to state your own experience about this product, do not hesitate to leave a comment down below ^__^

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, girl! :)

    Looking forward for your haul reviews!

    ReplyDelete