Friday, May 24, 2013

[Review] Seventeen Lipstick Special (+Long Stay Lip Shaper)

Hello,

Here I am again with another review, this time with my all time favourite lipstick, by Seventeen. I normally don't wear lipsticks because, even though my lips are not dry, I feel them dry every time I use lipsticks. I prefer lipglosses to be honest so I only own two lipsticks, the one of them being the particular Lipstick Special which I adore.

I got that one as a gift long ago, and I didn't stop to use it because it is such a good product. It is moisturizing so it doesn't dry out my lips even if I use a lip shaper underneath it.  The company claims that it is:
An ultra-moisturizing lipstick that offers lips superior coverage.
  • Lipstick Special combines both color and care, leaving attractive, luscious-looking lips
  • With lanolin and other moisturizing ingredients, that offer lips a silky-smooth texture, while keeping them superbly moisturized
  • Protects lips, while at the same time providing rich, vibrant color
  • In a wide range of colors that is constantly renewed, to meet the needs of all women
It is true, this lipstick is very silky and moisturizing. The official web page of seventeen gives the whole range of the available colours, which is a really big list in my opinion, so if you love lipsticks you are gonna have a hard time picking just one. Even I find that hard, even though I don't wear lipsticks :D You can find the sample list here.

I own number 243 Rose Petal. It is a really nice, almost nude colour (for those with light coloured lips). I would say it looks nudy with a hint of rosiness inside, which is great, because I feel that totally nude lipsticks tend to show rosy lips a bit "dead". This is ideal for fair skins and rosy lips. Darker skins with darker lips could avoid it since I don't think it would show good on them, but since the colour is fairly neutral, I believe you could mix it with other colours to tone them down a bit. It is creamy and well blendable as well as buildable ( although this particular colour looks great even with one light layer).



                           It looks a bit dark above, sorry, camera doesn't want to take good pics >.>


This is how it looks on my hand, as you can see it's a very neutral colour with peachy/rosy undertones.


Personally I use my lipstic along with a lip shaper (from the same brand) named Longstay Lip Shaper because I want my colour to stay on longer.
An ultra-smooth lip pencil, available in an extremely wide range of colors, that will surely bring a smile to your lips!
  • A soft kajal-type lip pencil, extremely long-wearing, that enables you to perfectly define and shape your lips
  • Consistent color that won’t break down and settle into the vertical lines around the lips
  • Specially designed formula. Glides on easily, without causing any irritation
  • Available in a wide range of colors, to match all colors existing in lipstick and lip gloss
 Nonetheless, I would recommend people with dry lips to avoid wearing this with the lip shaper, because the moisturizing effects of the product can't penetrate the lip shaper so much. I don't have any problems about it because my lips aren't dry at all, but even so I can feel that the moisturizing effect is bigger when I wear this lipstick by itself.


Here you can see the lipstick colour as well as the colour of the two lip shapers I own. The product is called Longstay Lip Shaper, and these are colours #22 Rose Bud (lighter colour nect to lipstick) and #23 Berry (the darker one). You can see the whole colour list here . Now you might think that #23 is a bit dark for naturally rosy lips, I wouldn't say so, because once you apply the lipstick on top the colour blends and becomes lighter with a nice berry undertone. #22 gives the perfect everyday natural look that one is seeking, the two colours blend with each other so well that your lips look really natural and nourished. I easily wear my lipstick with the darker lip shaper in the moring too, because as I said the colour is not overwhelming at all.

I am afraid that I won't be able to give you any price for the products, since they were gifts, and to be honest, I never searched in drugstores to see how much they cost, simply because I do not use them on daily basis and therefore I can totally live without them :D I prefer looking for skin/hair care products ^_^

All in all I would say fro my experience that even though Seventeen cosmetics are a bit expensive (at least for me), these ones are really good products, and I would gladly repurchase them in the future, if not the lip shapers, then definitely the lipstick. They worth their money for sure!

I hope I covered everything but if you still have any questions do not hesitate to leave a comment bellow                     ^__^


No comments:

Post a Comment