Tuesday, May 28, 2013

[Review] Avon Naturals: Superfruit Souffle (Hair Mask) | (Acai Berry & Shea Oil)


Hello dear beauty junkies,

I am here today with yet another review. This time I am gonna talk about a hair mask by Avon, the Superfruit Souffle.

As you are gonna learn from this blog, I love my hair so much, and I do everything to keep it healthy and shinny. I am totally obsessed with hair products, especially those which help my hair retain a smooth and silky condition.

Now, I bought this mask some months ago, and because I was running out of it, I thought that maybe I should do a review and take photos before there is no product left in the container (haha). The mask comes in a plastic container of 125ml, with a lid and it is compact enough for you to carry it in one of your bags if you'll need a hair mask while travelling or something like that. The product itself has a pleasant berry smell, it has a light purple colour and its texture is something between a smoothie and gel and it is recommended for all hair types (something which I find suspicious every time).



One reason that I avoid buying products recommended for all hair types is exactly that thing. Not everyone has the same needs, so something which is made for everyone isn't gonna be really good for almost anyone. I admit I bought this out of sheer curiosity, and simply because it was on a ridiculous offer (I bought it for only 1euro/ ~2$) so I gave it a try.

Things went as I expected, to be honest, I used this a lot of times and I still do, but the thing is I didn't see any improvement on my hair. Masks are supposed to have all the ingredients in a more concentrated form, to provide the hair with a bomb of nutrients and leave the hair really hydrated and silky. This one wasn't like that though :( After applying it, I left it 5' as it was recommended and I rinsed my hair. When my hair was dry, I noticed it was tangly, the ends were dehydrated and not soft at all. Even a conditioner did a better job than that. The next time I left the mask stay for a good 20' and I noticed the condition of my hair was better than the previous time, but still not as expected. The third time, I tried mixing it with conditioner and left it again for 20'. This time I saw a lot of improvement, but I concluded that this mask doesn't do any job at all. 
At this point I think it's wise to say that my hair doesn't need a lot of care, since I don't damage it with styling tools, I eat healthy and I apply hair masks (even home made too) at least 3 times per week. Still, this mask isn't doing anything.

Now a weird fact: I gave the same mask to my sister to try it out. She has really damaged hair (she is using a straightener every day and she doesn't really give a damn about her hair), the hairs are also fine and dry. After she used it she said that this mask is super awesome (you should've seen my face when I heard that) and that she would use it every day cause it's great. I was rolling my eyes for a week after that, cause really I still believe this mask is a total waste of money (no matter how much it costs). BUT, people with too dry or too damaged hair may find this mask a good solution for everyday hair care. The container says you only have to leave it for 5', so I guess this is a good way to have some daily extra hair care without waiting too much for it. Personally, I wouldn't recommend buying this mask, but since its super cheap, if you have really dry and damaged hair, you can purchase it and use it everyday for a quick rejuvenation.

I hope I have covered everything but if you still got any questions, feel free to leave a comment below  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment