Monday, October 14, 2013

[Review] Sleek iDivine Pallette (Au Naturel Nude)

Hello beauties!

I hope you are all ok and have a great time ^_^. I am here today with a new review about an eyeshadow pallette I purchased some months ago and I really love. It's iDivine from Sleek, in the most famous "shade"; Au Naturel.


 I decided to buy this mainly because I have been lacking in neutral eyeshadows. I have a whole lot of Avon pallettes in various colours, but somehow I didn't purchase any in neutral tones. Anyways, after a lot of research I concluded that this would be a nice product, so I went for it. Even though I never care about the packaging of a product, this caught my attention, it's nice, serious and sleek ;D.


 The pallette has a nice weight on my hands, it certainly doesn't feel cheap at all and it looks professional. It's really compact for a 12-slot-pallette and you won't find it hard to make it fit to your purse even if you definitely want to take it out with you for some touch ups during the day. It comes with a mirror and a brush applicator. I don't especially like the latter, but it comes handy if you aren't home and you need to touch up some points without using your fingers.

*Colour names (from left to right)
Upper line: Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast, Taupe
Bottom line: Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir


I apologise for the lack of swatches, but my camera isn't that good, so it doesn't catch the colours well on my skin. As you can see there are various nude and neutral shades, some even look like skin tones :) There are only 4 shimmering shades (Taupe, Conker, Moss, Mineral Earth), but even they aren't really overwhelming. The shimmer is light and it's really appropriate for work and day time. My favourite is definitely Taupe cause it's a shimmery gold-beige and it really compliments the eyes. The pigmentation of the shadows is 50-50. The ones on the upper line (exept taupe) are on the chalky side and they need to be built up quite a lot to show their true potential. The ones from taupe onwards are really pigmented and they definitely show a lot better. Even so, they last for a very long time, I have gone through a crash test with them and wore them from morning till night. I was impressed to find out that they last perfectly up to 7-8 hours before they break down *with an eye primer underneath of course*.

Initially I wanted to purchase this from sleekmakeup.com but they didn't specify the shipping costs anywhere and when I contact them about it, they didn't give me a direct answer and they only said the price varies for each country. Well...hellooo...seriously? So I found it on Ebay, for the same price with only 2 euros shipping fees, which was a pretty good deal. The pallete costs 10 euros (8 GBP/ 12$) so it costed me 12 euros alltogether. The price is reasonable for the amount of shadows in it.

I would recommend you this pallette, if you are a fan of neutral looks for everyday(that can easily be transformed into gorgeous evening ones), or even a beginner in make up. A pallette of neutrals is absolutelly essential to everyone. If you are willing to spend more money on something like that, go for something better though, especially if you can't tolerate a bit of chalkiness at all. It's not that bad, but I understand that some people might use it for more professional reasons, or they are really obsessed with super pigmented shadows that don't need to be built up.

I hope I have covered anything. Comment down below and tell me your opinions about this pallette if you own it too, or ask me anything you might wanna know about it and I forgot to mention ^__^.

2 comments:

  1. Sleek's untracked shipping to Greece costs 3.29€, while tracked shipping costs 19.72€. I should know, I have an account on Sleek's website!

    Seems like you had a good deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Thanks so much for the info, I will keep it in mind for future use ^_^

      Delete