Thursday, December 5, 2013

[Review] Avon MagiX Face Perfector (primer) -- SPF 20

Hello beauties!

I am here today with yet another review on a product that really confused me and that's why it took me so long to make a review about it, even though I own it for about a year. It's Avon's known primer MagiX face perfector.


 I initially purchased this because I wanted something cheap, and working for Avon I knew that it would be good quality. The price was affordable, 7 euros (~9$) for 30ml, so it caught my attention. It came in a squeeze pearlescent pinkish tube and that's what the edge of it is, as you can see in the picture below. Now, I wish it wasn't like that, and I will explain why later on.


 It's consistency is really thick and I make an effort to squeeze it out of the tube every time. But, good thing is I can get exactly how much I want out, whitout any messy situations and whatnot. It has a nice "lady" smell which I like and it feels like gel-powder. That is, it's creamy and light like a "solid" gel but it has a really powdery feel to it.

Now on the most important part: Once applied, I felt weird...like..mmm I felt like it contained some very fine grains. They eventually melted as I rubbed it on my face but still, I found it weird. Once I applied it, I was kinda dissapointed. I could tell and feel my face was smoother than usual, but I couldn't see any visible proof that my pores or my fine lines were minimized. I shed some tears, cause I was all into hiding my pores and now this primer did nothing for it. But anyways, I also noticed that even though it made my face drier it didn't reduce the oilness...like, what the heck is that, I don't even know. Such a contradiction, I was so confused. But it doesn't end here, nonononono. Once I applied my BB cream on (I also tried it with foundation) it felt like I applied a ton of it just cause the liquid had set on my pores and it also made me feel a bit cakey..."Oh Lord" I exclaimed, why the pores? :'( It didn't make me look like I had tons of makeup on, it just didn't look very natural from a close look. I guess no one would have noticed in real life though. One good thing about it is that it holds my makeup quite well for 5 hours, so it was a slight consolation.
Overall though, I was quite disappointed, considering that many people were raving about this particular product. I expected more from Avon, and I hope they will try and change its consistency. I don't know, it just doesn't feel right for any skin type...I have oily type but it doesn't reduse oilness. It leaves me dry from the other side, so it's not recommended for dry skins. No idea guys, I wouldn't buy it again of course, and I advise you to stay away from it either. It may be affordable, but if you are willing to spend a little more you can definitely get hold of something better.
 I will continue to use it until it runs out, cause ok, it's not SUCH a big fail, while I am waiting for my new primer from Baviphat (Korean brand) to arrive. Be sure to stay tuned for more reviews. I hope I have covered everything, if you still got any questions, or want to share your experiences of this product with me and the rest of the readers, don't hesitate to leave a comment down below. ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment