Monday, July 15, 2013

[Review]: Etude House Sleeping Pack (Pore tightening and sebum control)

Hello everyone,

I am here today with another -helpful I wanna believe- review. The product I am gonna talk about today is a sleeping pack from Etude House (a Korean brand) that claims to control sebum and tighten the pores.



I chose this one in the green package, because I have oily skin and therefore quite enlarged pores. I read some good reviews about it, so I thought I should give it a try. There are also another 2 kind of sleeping packs: Moisture and Elasticity (in the pink bottle) and Exfoliating and Brightening (white bottle). The bottle contains 120ml which is quite good, because it really lasts a long time. I have used my pack for 3 months now and still got half of the bottle unused :D It has a gel-type consistency, and smells nice. The smell is not overwhelming (the smell of the alcohol is kinda distinct but it fades away after some seconds). Although it does contain alcohol, I don't think it has too much in it, because honestly I never experienced any kind of redness or dryness due to it. Oily skin is also much more stronger against alcohol than other types of skin, so you don't have to worry about it. It costed me something around 10$ (~8 euros) which was kinda pricey for me, especially considering its effects on my skin:




I have used this pack, as I said before, for 3 months already. I apply it every night after I cleanse and moisturize my face and leave it on till it dries and then I sleep with it. I rinse it off in the morning. Thing is, I never expected miracles, like I do with every product I guess, but even so, I didn't see any results at all. I mean, it didn't cause me any breakouts or anything, but I didn't see any difference on my face either. I woke up with the same complexion I fell asleep the last night. No further oilness, no dryness, no smaller pores...same exact skin as always. It just feels like I applied nothing at all. Which is weird xD I know that large pores cannot be tightened in a night or something, but I don't know, I don't think I will buy it again. Actually I am pretty sure I won't because spending 10$ for nothing, is like you are throwing money on the street :P It didn't do any damage but it didn't do any good at all. I just keep using it because it's harmless until the bottle gets empty. But I wouldn't advise you to buy it. I have no idea what the other 2 packs do (if they do anything), but in my opinion you don't need something like a sleeping pack. 
They say that packs are for those that are super busy throught the day and they need something to treat their skin with while they sleep. Well, I will have to disagree. I think that even if you are busy, you can always steal some minutes from whatever you might be doing to wash your face and apply a good clay mask (especially if you have oily skin). That really works and you will feel clean and fresh. There is no need for sleeping packs I guess. If you wanna do something for your skin, you will definitelly find some time to do it throughout the day :)

I hope I have covered every aspect, but if you still got any questions, do not hesitate to leave a comment down below ^___^



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice product but if you don't see any result after 3 months of using it I think I'll pass.
    Kisses,
    nataliesbeautyland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaah sounded pretty cool..too bad it was a miss. I still believe clay masks to be a LOT better :D

      Delete